Vi bruger cookies på På bruger vi cookies til at give dig en god oplevelse og til at indsamle statistik, der kan være med til at forbedre brugeroplevelsen. Hvis du klikker dig videre på accepterer du samtidig vores cookie- og privatlivspolitik.

Læs mere

Work permit in Sweden

Citizens from non-Nordic countries who want to work in Sweden must be aware of the rules for work permits.

Citizens of Nordic and EU countries

The Nordic countries have entered into an agreement, which means that Nordic citizens do not need a work permit to work in another Nordic country.


As a citizen of an EU country outside the Nordic region, you are also free to work and live in Sweden without applying for any permits, as long as you meet the requirements.

Read more about working, studying or living in Sweden at the Swedish Migration Agency’s website.

Citizens from countries outside the EU

If you are a citizen of a country outside the EU, you must have a work permit to work in Sweden. In most cases, you must apply for the work permit from your home country or from your last country of residence. This also applies if you already have a Danish work or residence permit. If you would like to live in Denmark and want to commute to your workplace in Sweden, you must apply for a work permit in Sweden. You can apply via the Swedish Migration Agency’s website.


If you are not an EU citizen and move from Denmark to Sweden, you must be aware that you may lose your Danish residence and work permit. If you move back to Denmark, you must apply for a work and residence permit again.


For information on Danish conditions - please contact International House.